Jesus lives forever

Jesus lives forever
"I am alive; yet it is no longer I, but Christ living in me." Gl 2, 20.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Freedom of be free

Our world has too many people, and God loves particularly each one.

In God's love, we have total freedom, we can do anything, and He gave us total knowledge about our acts.

Our freedom lets mutual respect, or not: we chose, because we're free.

Now, thing about your freedom. Are you really free? Freedom implies in happiness. Are you really happy?

Happiness implies in real love. Let's read what St. Paul says about love in I Corinthians 13, 1-8:

"Though I command languages both human and angelic
-- if I speak without love,
I am no more than a gong booming
or a cymbal clashing.
And though I have the power of prophecy,
to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge,
and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains
-- if I am without love,
I am nothing.
Though I should give away to the poor all that I possess,
and even give up my body to be burned
-- if I am without love,
it will do me no good whatever.
Love is always patient and kind;
love is never jealous;
love is not boastful or conceited,
it is never rude and never seeks its own advantage,
it does not take offence or store up grievances.
Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing,
but finds its joy in the truth.
It is always ready to make allowances,
to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes.
Love never comes to an end.
But if there are prophecies,
they will be done away with;
if tongues, they will fall silent;
and if knowledge, it will be done away with."

Thing how St. Paul loved the people, following Jesus' example. If you don't know St. Paul's history, you can read here and here.

The Bible's book Acts of Apostles relates many things about St. Paul and his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment